The Starters NBA Preview: 101 Questions (Pt. 2)

, on October 23, 2013 , 11:15AM

On today’s second installment of The Starters’ 2013-2014 NBA preview podcast — CLICK HERE FOR PART 1 — the guys continue to answer 101 questions about the upcoming season. What’s been the off-season’s best beef? Who will Rookie of the Year? Can the 76ers win at least 10 games? Is Eric Bledsoe a franchise point guard? And who would you rather have: JaVale McGee or DeAndre Jordan?

All that, plus Dirk, chronic injuries, Miley Cyrus, pie-flavored mouth guards, a French Usain Bolt, the Minnesota Timberwolves’ playoff chances, and much, much more.

*****

Subscribe to The Starters show on iTunes | Download the .mp3 directly

30 Responses to “The Starters NBA Preview: 101 Questions (Pt. 2)”

1. Kevin says:

Titanium Balls.

2. P.Ming says:

Banoffee Pie is awesome!! Leigh, keep educating the Starters in the way of pudding!

3. The Truth says:

Corey Brewer for Leigh’s worst free agent signing and his sneaky good one.

• Leigh says:

@The Truth – Yes, I screwed that up. I meant to say that I thought the Wolves signing of Kevin Martin was the worst off season move. – Leigh

4. Brandon says:

Derrick Williams actually LOST 15 pounds in the offseason. No muscle watch.

5. Dan says:

How do I find the main page of the Starters Blog? Is it not up yet?

6. Zachary BS says:

Love the podcast guys. I can’t wait for the season to start.
    A little thing I noticed about Leigh’s fantasy basketball team name: Home Oladipot. When spoken aloud, it sounds a bit like you’re saying “Homo Ladipo,” to which the young Oladipo might take exception. I recommend emphasizing the space between the two words, rather than stringing them together.

7. MrMDN says:

Hey guys glad you’re back! Just a note though Elton Brand is with the Hawks not the Mavs this year.

8. Vig says:

as far as team names go, I suggest changing the Denver Nuggets to the Denver Nugs. Maybe go with a green jersey with orange trim, in honor of the legalization efforts.

9. rtblues says:

Teague brothers left out of brother two-on-two teams!
    Jeff and Marquis

10. Mark says:

New team name? As always, Leigh Ellis is correct, Wizards desperately need to go

My suggestion: Chocolate City
    simple, kind of odd construction for a name, but so cool

11. Meteor says:

Guys the intro is horrible, I hope it’s only for the preview episodes

12. tortious troller says:

will a blank jones format ever come back in the summer, or will there never be any more summer shows next year?

13. Brad says:

Does anyone have any of the old BLANK Jones podcasts? I’ve been trying to get a hold of them for sometime now, but keep coming up short

14. Zak K says:

Sneaky choice for a 5×5, Giannis Antetokounmpo. His minutes will likely be very limited early, but if he breaks into the rotation he has a chance.

15. rapsfan says:

Leigh saying “I do not like Miley Cyrus.” needs to be a drop. Make it happen guys

16. Jon says:

There’s 2 Curry brothers and 2 Curry SISTERS.

17. Steven says:

Coincidentally, like Trey I was also at a wedding when I heard about Oden’s knee injury in December 09, and the couple has also had a baby since then. I will cool story, bro my way out.

18. William says:

Leigh is very softly spoken in this podcast compared to Trey’s big booming voice. Can you guys have a play around with the levels please. The Aussie’s dulcit tones keep getting drowned out by passing traffic on my walk to work.

Thanks

19. Vladimir says:

What do you think about dunking and blocking contest on all-star (let’s call it D&B)? You get the best dunkers and best blockers and they compete with each other through rounds.

20. Jaymacka says:

Sleeper 2-on-2 Brothers Pick – The Hansbroughs (Ben & Tyler)

Guard/Forward combo that will automatically foul/check up top any time anyone gets close to the rim

21. Chewie says:

Bulls are a big chance of most improved record. Like all teams mentioned in your pod, totally relies on health. 58 wins and thats a better improvement than the Cavs 12 win upswing you discussed.
    Fit Rose
    Deng playing for contract (how good has he looked preseason)
    Dunleavy finally having a reason to play.
    Taj fit for the first preseason in a couple of years.

22. BullsFeverSoILL says:

Speaking of crazy names ..
    Hawkeye Whitney of the 1981-82 Kansas City Kings

23. Stefan says:

How can you not want Gerald Green in the Dunk Contest?

Also I second the guy proposing a Dunk & Block contest, if they can make as exciting as the slamball alternative of guys going 1-on-1.

24. Stefan says:

Trey, you are spot on about Oden – I nearly jumped up when he got the ball that last game and turned and dunked it. It was a very special moment indeed.

25. Embrace the Martian says:

“I do not like Miley Cyrus”

^^^new drop

26. To Atmosfære Force Reserve kadetter endte opp tatt med til et sykehus gjennom ambulanse og sytti fem andre av turen bussen etter et lynnedslag traff onsdag på en den sørlige delen av Mississippi militær trening base, sa en talskvinne canada goose PRIS usa .

27. First of all, i adore my very own gamma blue 11s black friday! I’ve got got these products approximately each year at this moment plus they are superb hot and even attractive. They’re going with so very much during my cabinet, to make sure they will be definatley a trade. What i at the same time really like: my your feet will be like sizeable in addition to vast, then i is frightened to start with in which gamma blue 11s black friday makes it look possibly bigger, however , in which wholly isn’t so! They also style to the ft . and created acquire glance slightly sauna. The lifestyle i additionally wouldn’t take pleasure in with regards to your gamma blue 11s black friday: not so durable- people must not be maxed while it’s raining because it drain pipes most of the colouring, thinking that is true of snow much too. But in the case you eat good care of him or her which could as large associated with a condition. Even, deliver these for hosiery because if that you do not they’re now able to place to sense a little bit of, and can lead to sore spots. Then again, positive aspects definatley outnumber the particular swindles, hence i might reccomend these products undoubtably.